Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now?
Prompt Response: An argument that I wish I could have handled differently was the time I had argued with my brother when he was six years old and I was ten so I wasn't the smartest when using my words or actions. I got into an argument with him because he wouldn't leave me alone, he wanted me to join him playing with his toys but, I wasn't in the greatest mood that day so as he kept pestering me, I snapped at him and yelled at him to leave me alone and I ended up insulting him, I just wanted him to go away and leave me, he obviously got upset at me and started crying, I regretted it because I felt bad and I got in trouble. I could have just been nicer to him by saying in a calmer tone, he is still a toddler and their feelings get hurt easier and I would play with him later and that I was busy right now, if that didn't work then I would have just played with him reluctantly.
Summary: In class we read "Thank You for Arguing" and learned how to argue by reading short stories and taking notes
Reflection: Today I learned there are many steps into wining an argument successfully and how you deescalate one. There are also ways to
Comments
Post a Comment