Write about something you believed as a child

 Prompt Response: Something that I believed in as a child was if you ate a watermelon seed, it would grow inside of your stomach. I was around eight years old and one of my older cousins had told me this just to tease me but, I ended up believing her because she was much older than me so, after being told this lie, I would avoid watermelon whenever my mom would buy it for us and cut it up, she noticed that I haven't been eating any and asked me what's wrong, when I told her what my cousin had told me she just laughed at me and said it was not true and that my cousin had only been teasing me, I was upset because I had been lied to be I cheered up pretty quickly because it meant I could eat watermelon again.

Summary: In class we took notes on claims and there are three main ones, claim of fact, value, and policy.

Reflection: A claim has to be arguable and should require evidence and you need to have a clear and effective reasoning for your claim.

Comments

Popular Posts